Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

On Rereading My Top YA Book Picks

From time to time, I remember a book I liked reading as a teenager, and my curosity is piqued enough to go back and reread it. This isn't always true because sometimes my rereading takes away from my joy of the original reading. So, I try to be careful about which YA titles I select to reread. Also from a writer's perspective, I like to see how the author put the book together. It's Like This, Cat by Emily Cheney Neville was the last YA title I can recall liking again on my second read through it as an adult. But then I'm a big cat fan, so maybe that had something to do with it. I don't have a formal list of YA titles drawn up, but something will trigger a memory of a particular YA title. Many of them were read over my summer vacations. The next YA book I have lined up to reread is Rifles for Watie by Harold Keith which is a boy's historical novel. I'm looking forward to reading it hopefully over the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.