Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Our Cat Meows at Night When We Sleep

Our cat likes to come into our bedroom and meow a few times then leaves. Sometimes it wakes me up, and other times my wife. We've had Franny--she's the guilty culprit--a few (3?) years, and I don't remember her exhibiting this behavior in past years. I don't know if she sees or hears something threatening outdoors. We did have coyotes in the neighborhood, but I'm not sure if they still are around or not. I thought maybe another cat(s) (feral?) had made her uptight. I did a little googling and the suggestion I found was to leave open our bedroom door so she can come inside for reassurance. H'm. That's more like part of the problem. Another suggestion made was to play with her before our bedtime to tire her out. That is probably more doable, so maybe I'll try that idea out. But she has got to get with the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.