Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Which Social Media Do You Get Your Book Recommendations From?

After the microwave beeped, my hot mug of water for my tea was ready. So, I'm ready to write my semi-daily blog post. Back in the old internet days, I relied on the messageboards like rara-avis and 4M_Addicts for finding my genre title recommendations. This was before the blogs and then twitter hit the internet, neither of which really ever caught on for me as a source for book recommendations. I like to use Goodreads more than the other book-related sites because I am more familiar with how it works although I have been more active over at Shelfari. I see a lot of traffic on Facebook re: books, and I also use it as a writer first, and a reader a very distant second. Since my reading time has dropped off, I gravitate toward the shorter novels. But then I just finished up Lee Server's excellent biography of Robert Mitchum Robert Mitchum: "Baby I Don't Care" which is a long one. The biography was one of those many, many books I have flagged on Goodreads To-Read. LOL. On my last three visits at our public library, I just used the tried-and-true low tech method of browsing the fiction stacks. If a title catches my eye, I grab it for consideration. Ironweed and The African Queen came my way on these prowls, and I enjoyed reading both titles. So, maybe the combo of social media and the older methods work out the best for me to obtain my book recommendations. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.