Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Tuning In To Watch Murder, She Wrote Every Sunday Night

Every Sunday evening at 8 p.m. we knew it was the right time to tune in to watching Murder, She Wrote on CBS (channel 9). The show ran from 1984 to 1996, a long time for a TV program. Angela Lansbury played Jessica Fletcher who was in her early 50s. I always thought of her as being older like in her early 70s. She played a successful mystery author who also did a little private detective thing on the side.

One aspect I found so appealing about Murder, She Wrote was the excellent cast of supporting characters. The folksy Tom Bosley (I liked him in Happy Days) playing Sheriff Amos Tupper (love that homespun name) was my favorite. The wisecracking Jerry Orbach (also excellent in Law & Order) as Harry McGraw, Jessica's private eye friend, was fun to watch. William Windom as crusty Dr. Seth Hazlitt and Jessica's best friend, was always to step up and lend her a steady hand. I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.