Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

The End of Our Short-Sleeve Weather

One of my pet peeves is having to wear long-sleeve shirts. I find the cuffs to be annoying while I work at my keyboard or laptap keys. The cuffs get caught on the leading edge of the laptop or just feel confining in general. I know I could roll up my sleeves while I'm writing. But that sort of defeats the purpose of wearing the long sleeves (that is to say to keep warm). Also, I want to make this blog post a gripe session ;-) Seriously though, the weather forecasters say this week that 2013's first autumnal frost will hit us. I expect that will also trigger my wearing the first long-sleeve shirts since last spring. I've also noticed this past summer how some baseball pitchers also fidget when they have to wear their long-sleeve jerseys on the cooler days and nights. The cuffs interfere with their pitching mechanics and hurling the ball. Winter isn't my favorite season. On the other hand, I believe I have written my best fiction titles during the winter months, or at least the first drafts. So, the winter cold does bring its good things, even as I grumble my way through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will read it and respond soon.